A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, July 11, 2019

My Finished Afghan

Okay so my Christmas in July plans had to wait a couple of weeks because I was bound and determined to finish the afghan I started earlier this year. I’ve really enjoyed making it and I’m kinda sad I’m already done.

Here’s a fun fact for you. I made the exact same pattern/style for my mom for mother’s day over 22 years ago. I no longer had the pattern so I had to do a little research but finally found it on Ebay. Yay to finding everything and anything you need on Ebay. Am I right?

So not only do I have a picture of mine to show you, but my wonderful hubby found a picture we took of my mom’s too.

Mine.

And  here’s my mom’s. When they would come down for the winter she would bring it with her. It’s held up really nicely over these past 22+ years

Here’s a picture of the pattern book I used in case you’re interested. Just do a search for it and different sellers come up for it. And if you do decide to make one for yourself I’d love to see your finished project!


Have a lovely day,

Kim

P.S. Let the Christmas in July commence. 
I'm linking up with Made by You Mondays

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! They are both lovely. I have found that afghans seem to last forever and stay looking as nice as when they were made. My favorite one is about 35 years old and looks like new and it has been used a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They do seem to last a very long time and look good, wash after wash. It's totally worth the time and effort. :-)

      Delete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin