A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, December 16, 2019

And the Winner is.....

……hold on before I tell you I want to give you a little behind the scenes of the night. Or you can just scroll down to the bottom real fast to see the winner. 

So the night went something like this. My poor son put the icing in the bag before he put the plastic tip in and then wondered how he was supposed to keep the tip on the bag and I had to break the news to him that he was supposed to put the tip in first and so this is a result of him having to take the frosting out put the tip in there and then put the frosting back in. He bounced back quickly and got right to work. 


We didn’t buy any extra candy this year because we had so much left over from last year so we basically just used what was in the box and what we had on hand.

I knew for sure that I had to up my game as my hubby has won the last couple of years and I felt like I was loosing my edge. *smile* But then my youngest really upped his game and I was feeling a little doubtful halfway through. 

I wasn’t worried about my older son’s house, as his was funny but not Christmasy and Christmasy always gets the votes. Am I right? 



My hubbalicious surprised me with his approach and I’m pretty sure most everyone thought that I probably made that because I love me some polka dots but alas, I did not. 

It took us many hours as usual but we always make the memories and are always so happy to share our houses with you all. Thank you so much for those of you who voted.
Now to announce the winner. 
The winner is…..

KRINGLE’S COTTAGE!! WHICH IS MINE!!!!  Okay sorry for yelling, I’m just so excited. I totally took this competition by a landslide. Like not even close! Woo Hoo! Okay sorry again for tooting my own horn a little. But in your face family. LOL!!! I’m kidding! …..sort of.




Did you guess that was mine or did you think mine was the polka dot one? Do tell.
Have a wonderful day my friends.
HUGS!
Kim


So to recap. 
Kringle's Cottage was mine.
Polka Dot Palace was hubby's.
Voter's Villa was our 17 year old son's.
Snoopy's House was our 14 year old son's.
And if you missed the original post you can find it here.

4 comments:

  1. AW! I missed and gave yours Runner-Up! I really do look forward each year to weeing all your entries. I've not been able to get my hubs interested in doing it, BUT I am having some of the grands here next Monday and have purchased the Oreo CookieHouse and a village of mini gingerbread houses for us to work on. It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll congratulations to you! The green roof is what swung my vote.

    The shocking thing to me is that your boys are 17 and 14. How did THAT happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally won, hand's down! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin