A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Atomic Habits!


Book one of the year is done and it was a great one. The link I'm going to share HERE will take you to Christianbook.com where it gives a great summary about the book. AND you'll be able to look inside to see the table of contents and a few pages from one of the chapters. Go ahead and check it out, I'll wait, but make sure you come back because I'm going to share more on how I'm implementing a couple things already.

I already shared one thing in this post that I'm doing to start a new habit and in one of the chapters he talks about habit stacking. It's where you take a habit that is already in place and then stack a new habit that you want to start on top of it. For instance. I wanted to make sure that I get a workout in some time in the morning. I looked at the things I do every morning and saw an opportunity to stack this new habit on top of me doing breakfast dishes. So now when I get done doing dishes I'll go right into my workout. It really does work. The only time I miss a morning workout now is if I have to go run errands in the morning. Blah, errands, they mess up everything. *smile*

Another habit I wanted to stack was wanting to read more. So I looked at my opportunities and realized that in the morning during my coffee and quiet time I have an opportunity to read after I get done drinking my coffee. So now when I'm done, I'll grab my book that is conveniently sitting right beside me (remember make it easy) and read at least a chapter.  And that is definitely working because I'm almost done with my second book. Which I am absolutely loving by the way.

So what do you think? Sound good? These are just my honest thoughts. I'm not getting paid to recommend this book, I just like to share the things that I'm enjoying and find helpful.

Let me know if you get it and how you like it. Okie dokie?
Have a lovely day my friends.
Hugs!
Kim




1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a very worthwhile book. I will see if my library has it. I love books that don't just offer advice, but they give practical help with implementing that advice.

    Good for you for almost being done with 2 books on day 14 of the new year. I am WAY behind you, as I have only gotten started on book 1.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin