A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Making Habits Easy!

I'm almost finished with this book I'm reading and I have to say it's been one of the most beneficial books I've read in a long time in terms of applicability. 

I'm going to write a more detailed review about it when I'm completely finished. But one of the things that struck a cord is, in order to make a habit work, make it easy. So I'm going to show you one thing I did in order to make a habit easier to start. 
 
Below I have a picture of my study area. I leave my planner and my bible open to make it easier to just sit and read and then look at my planner. It skips a couple of steps of having to go get them and then open them to the proper page. It's a time saver and having them out keeps them in my view so I won't forget to check them. I love that!



After I read the book I'll have more thoughts on how I'm applying the methods and how they are working out for me. Let me know if you've read the book and what you thought about it.

Have a lovely day friends.
Kim
 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book but it looks and sounds extremely interesting to me! Your study area is perfect :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read or even heard of the book but I think the wisdom is so spot-on! If I am going to develop a habit, I need to make it easy to do so.

    Your desk area is great. I love all those colored pens! And the Kindness Starts Here journal looks interesting!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grr! Computer ate my response.
    The desk thing wouldn't work here. We have cats.
    For my Bible I sewed different colored ribbon to a piece of poster board, and then inserted it into the spine of my Bible. Red for read this daily, purple for inspiration, and blue for this is where I left off reading/study.

    Seeing how I was a minister (got my Ph.D and everything)before my strokes pulled me out of the pulpit, you'd think I wouldn't need the bookmarks, wouldn't you? But I do.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin