A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Monday, January 4, 2010

Sundays are made for Crockpots! Chicken Vindaloo!

I'm officially starting my own little Meme and I guess I'll even have a button made at some point but I loved the idea of using my crock pot AT LEAST on Sundays.
And this past Sunday I told you I was going to make Chicken Vindaloo and let you know how it was.
Well first off it's a different taste. If you like Indian food you'll love it. We don't eat a lot of Indian style food but we all enjoyed it very much. My whole family ate it, right down to my 7 and 4 year old boys. So that's saying a lot. My 7 year old actually said, "This is pretty good Mom."
The only thing I did different is if you look at the recipe, I used a whole can of tomato sauce, not just 1 cup, I didn't have mustard seed or cardamom so I left them out. And at the end I cut the chicken up into bite size pieces and let them cook in the juices while I cooked the rice.

I was going to take a picture of it for you but to tell you the truth it doesn't photograph well! LOL!
Let me know if you give this a try. I'd love to hear how you liked it.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love indian food, and I like the idea of getting my crock pot out on Sundays too, I should check this recipe out. I don't like things too spicy though and I thought Vindaloo was a very hot dish? What did you think of the 'heat'?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin