A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Independence Day Fun!

What a day! I was so wiped out from the BBQ that I didn’t do a stinkin’ thing yesterday.

But today I post! Because I know there are 3 of you who are waiting for the pictures and such. LOL! So here we go.

I am sad to say that I didn’t carry my camera around with me all day. It’s the life of a hostess to be preoccupied so this is kind of it for pictures.

I apologize in advance to my friends for exposing the supreme goofy sides of your personalities. No names will be given to protect the innocent! HA! HA!

In this video, some of us are just chillaxin’ before the games start. We were actually waiting on my hubby to finish up cooking the gator tail. Yes, I said gator tail. We had that and shrimp for appetizers and he had a little left to cook off. Hey don’t knock it till you try it. LOL!

 

Here’s some video of the gator tail cooking and friends.

 

Some of the goofiness my friends so willingly participated in.

 

And by the end of the night we all felt like this!

IMG_2435

I hope you had a Happy Independence Day as well!

Pssst! FB friends I’ll be posting more videos later!

HAVE A SUPER FABULOUS DAY!

7 comments:

  1. How much fun is that!! We had a firework hangover too! Man, it is alot of work to have everyone @ your house but I wouldn't change it for anything!! We had water balloons but I am def going to remember that game for next year! tooo funny!!

    Hope your rested up! Love ya! been missin ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gator tail, uh? My oldest looked, and said, "Isn't that illegal?" I won't knock it. But I can't unscrunch my nose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast...gator tail and all. Love the goggles...and ya'll have the funniest accents. You need some Texans in that bunch! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4!! Broke your prediction!

    You never cease to amaze moi!!

    If I knew you back in my mountain girl days, we coulda swapped recipes..your gator tail recipe for my hasenpfeffer(bunny) stew or squirrel, etc. ones!

    Looks like it was a hoot crackin' day for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a goofy good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was very fun! Thank you for not posting me hopping over water jets, LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like SO much fun my friend and glad you got to hang out with Laura Lee! We were nonstop busy that day - a parade in the morning, came home to finish cooking,then took the food to bro-in-law's so he could grill and we could eat, then off to a friend's house to park so we could walk into the fairgrounds for the fireworks show, then after that show back to the friend's house to watch the last of their neighbor's fireworks - whew! Too much rushing around, not as much hanging out fun as you all had!

    Big your-cheating-(yes-you-pushed-the-competition)-was-caught-on-tape-and-I-will-know-better-if-ever-I-play-a-water-balloon-racing-game-with-you size hugs to you! LOL!! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin