A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beauty and the Beast~Part 2~Two Years Later…..

Well I thought I’d give you an update on my washer and dryer, because I’m sure you’ve not slept a wink thinking about what’s become of them. So here it is. Your official washer and dryer update.

A lot has happened since the first Beauty and the Beast post. I encourage you to read it so you have a grasp on why I’m even writing THIS post. Trust me you’ll come out of it a better person. Go ahead, I’ll wait till you get back.

Okay, now that you’re up to date on everything, here’s what’s been going on. Well for one things we moved. Yes, Ms. Sweetie Pie and Mr. Die Hard came with us. I did have a scare at one point when I thought the realtor had put my washer and dryer in the selling contract of our house, but it all worked out and here they sit in their new home.

 IMG_3815

Awesome picture right?

Ms. Sweetie Pie is now going on 4 years old and Mr. Die Hard is coming in at around 27 years old. But one of them had a little trouble recently. Which do you think it was?

Here’s a clue.

IMG_3805

Yes, folks, that’s Ms. Sweetie Pie torn to pieces. You see she started leaking a little and things just didn’t seem to be coming as clean as they once were. As you can see it was in need of a good cleaning itself. Which really doesn’t make sense to me because it’s supposed to “clean” things so wouldn’t it stay “clean”?  But who am I?

Anyway, my super fabulous husband tore it apart, cleaned it and managed to get it all back together and it work. No more leaks! So she’s good to go for another 4 or more years.

I admit that I’ve been giving Mr. Die Hard a well deserved break because I’ve been line drying a lot lately. But it’s comforting to know he’s right there waiting for me when I need him.

Okay I’m curious. I want to know what brand washer and dryer YOU have and how long you’ve owned them.

HAVE A SUPER CLEAN AND ENERGY EFFICIENT DAY MY FRIENDS!

9 comments:

  1. LG front loader washer and dryer. I LOVE them! I've had them for 4 years now. I can set the timer to wash closer to when I get home from school and then they are ready to be put in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dryer isn't that old, but it's old. Also a Kenmore, they never die! We bought it used after we moved 7 years ago. A pen exploded inside (thanks, teenager!) and after the ink all dried, I kept using it. After my hubby "fixed" it, I kept using it.


    http://mommamindy.blogspot.com/2011/06/honey-dun-did-honey-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My washer and dryer are both Whirlpools. The dryer was used and given to my husband before we were married. I'd guess it's 25-30 years old. The washer that was the same age finally died completely two or three years ago. My husband was tired of repairing it and just replaced it. Now my clothes actually come out of the washer smelling like detergent, though. :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    We've got Whirlpools (like Wendy, above). Never had a problem with them...but I'm going to have nightmares about the picture of your disassembled washing machine! Oy Vey! How did it get so dirty? Oh, wait a minute...you have sons. Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know what brand our washer/dryer are - just had the kiddo go look ('cause I'm lazy like that) - they're Frigidaire. We got the set used from somebody for a cheap price and they work great! I think we've had them for at least 7 years.

    Big so-glad-you-have-a-handy-hubby-cuz-I-know-you-wouldn't-want-to-have-to-take-apart-a-washer-yourself size hugs to you!! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a GE Hotpoint washer (that we bought used) and a Whirlpool dryer a/k/a thing 1 and thing 2. LOL I too have a handy hubby who has had to tear apart and fix them, but they keep on working! Thank you Lord! My dryer is so old it's actual age is unknown. I got it from a older man (he was in his late 80's) who had it for years, and I have had it for years (my son is now 17), so we can only estimate that it is at least 30 plus years old and looks very similar to your dryer. I would love a new fancy matching set...but why spend the money, these are still working and certainly serve their purpose and I just am happy to be blessed to not have to go to the laundry mat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a Whirlpool Duet washer/dryer. We've had them around 10 years. This is the industry my husband works in. Their business will have a "how-to class" on different appliances teaching various service technicians how to take them apart, fix them etc. My honey surprised me with these! Because they were "used" in the class they couldn't be sold so they offered them to those in the class. My husband had already chosen the set he wanted and the next thing I know I big ol truck showed up @ my house and unloaded them!
    Here's the funny part! They have many different lights and at times when it is spinning or drying they can sound & look like an airplane of sorts. Soo, those first few weeks when they were new we would go in the laundry room, turn out the lights and watch and listen....OMG - YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK if you spend time watching your washer/dryer light up LOL :)
    My husband takes ours apart too. He is soooo handy just like your honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl...we did sell ours with our house in FL, so Brian found this "great deal" on Craigslist. $50 for both...and they have worked for 3 years. Not bad. I'd love a fancier brand, but for now, I will be content!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Whirlpool...all my appliances are Whirlpool!!!! The washer and dryer are just the basic wash and dry no bells or whistles. We bought both when we moved into our new house 9 years and 7 months ago. I too hope these suckers last until....

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin