A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, March 16, 2012

Project Simplify~Week 2~ The Kitchen!

Well we are at the end of week 2 of Project Simplify. I feel like I’m exposing my dirty laundry every time I do this sort of thing. You’re welcome!

This week our focus was the kitchen. I knew exactly what I needed to focus on in this area. My drawers were out of control, you know the ones. In fact I had 4 that were out of control, but decided to only show you 2 here today because it’s kind of embarrassing, and I’m all about my dignity, on a good day. Today’s a good day.

And don’t get me started on my pantry.

But why not let the pictures speak for themselves.

I moved things around, put things together, constantly asked myself why I had some things. Yeah, there was a lot of self evaluation going on that day. You should have been there. Really.

 IMG_3753  IMG_3758

 

IMG_3754IMG_3757

 

I KNOW you want to see my pantry. I mean who in their right mind wouldn’t want to see MY pantry and since I’m all about spreading the love, here you go. My pantry!

I have a love/hate relationship with this pantry. On one hand it’s big and that’s great but it’s deep and things get lost WAY back there. Do you have this problem?

Here’s the bottom part of my pantry before.

IMG_3759

And the after. Hmm….it just doesn’t look much better in pictures but take my word for it, it is.

IMG_3763 

Here’s the top part of my pantry before.

 IMG_3760

Okay I can see a clear after here. Much better.

IMG_3762

I went to the dollar store and got a couple of bins and such to help me out. I highly recommend going there first if you need those types of things.

IMG_3761

Head on over to Simple Mom to see what this Project Simplify is all about.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY FRIENDS!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I use those baskets quite a bit in myhouse, they are so useful for storage. I did my pantry last week, just going through and finding anything past its use by date and making room for my winter dried beans etc!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I need to reorganize our pantry. It's on my to-do list after the working gig is over! DH will probably have a fit, since he is the chef. But he has gotten it too cluttered for my liking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend - you did a great job but your before pics end up making me feel bad - LOL!! Your before pics are more like my after pics!! :) I have redone a couple of shelves of our pantry cupboard fairly recently so that helped but the baking one is just SCARY! The shelves are narrow and much deeper than yours, so I can only figure out what's in the back by "touch" - LOL!!! Of course, one can't tell the difference between dark and light brown sugar by feel - hee,hee. :)

    Big you-are-the-queen-of-project-simplify-in-my-book size hugs to you!! Love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEP, you are ahead of moi and my pantry potpourri (aka mess)!
    Thanks for making me feel guilty and motivated at the same time! ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it just feel awesome to organize! I did this to my pantry and have been able to keep it up pretty good! If it starts to get out of control, I nip it in the bud immediately! That way it only takes a short time to get it back in shape :)

    It looks awesome :) You done good!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin