About 2 years ago I wrote a post called “Getting Old Stinks”. It basically focused on the negatives of getting old. So while I was in my favorite thinking spot (the shower) I began to think about the pros and cons of getting old. There’s some good in getting old and I want to point them out.
- Pro: The hair on your legs becomes less and less and even tends to get softer as the years go by.
- Con: It relocates to your face in the form of a beard and moustache.
- Con: You you forget things.
- Pro: It frees up your schedule.
- Con: Your eyesight gets worse.
- Pro: A person always looks smarter while wearing glasses so use it to your advantage and say something profound.
- Con: You gain a little weight.
- Pro: Saves on the heating bill in the Winter.
- Pro: You might get grand kids.
- Con: You become unrecognizable to your own children. The words “Who are you and what have you done with my parents?” have come out of my mouth more than once since I’ve had children and my parents became grand-parents.
- Con: You tend to “leak” a little whenever you laugh, sneeze or cough.
- Pro: Depends now looks like real underwear. Good to know!
I hope you got a chuckle today. Please feel free to add your own pros and cons in the comment section. I’d love to hear them.
Have a lovely day my friends.