A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Friday, January 2, 2015

Back to the Basics

I spent some time this morning going back and reading  a bunch of my past posts. Posts of birthdays, posts of random babblings, etc. And you wanna know what I found? I’m actually pretty funny. KIDDING!!!  No, I found memories. Lots and lots of memories. After all, that’s what this blog has become. I place to put my thoughts down and then have the joy of going back and reliving them all over again. I loved that! I have realized that when I don’t blog, I don’t take pictures. I need to take pictures, I need to document my kids growing and learning and blogging helps me do that.

I don’t care that I don’t make money blogging or that comments are a thing of the past. What I care about is sharing the important things in my life, the things I love and maybe just maybe there is still someone out there that will enjoy it and smile. After all, if you’ve hung out here long enough you know that my intent is to usually leave you laughing or at least smiling. But even if there isn’t anyone out there any more and even if most of the people that visit here are coming for the recipes, that’s okay.

So what now? So I keep on doing what I love. Cooking, crafting, raising my family and going through each season of our lives, loving my husband and then putting those thoughts on here to remember and maybe encourage someone in the process.

OXOX,

Kim

You can also find me on Instagram and my Homesteader’s Heart FB page where I put little snippets of my day on there. *smile*

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, funny lady. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From our home to yours, Happy New Year Kim. I love following your season of life and activities. Blessings on this new year.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... No worries, I'll still read every post. And... I'll try to be better about commenting. ;0)

    My blog has taken a hit too and I'm missing it as well. My average blog post is about one per month :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must keep on blogging! Just because I'm barely doing it anymore doesn't mean you should stop! :) Love ya friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    I'm still here! You make me laugh, so I keep coming back :)

    This year I'm blogging for myself too. The readers are a bonus, but if they don't come, then I still have a journal of my thoughts and my writing.

    keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin