A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

And the Gingerbread House Competition Winner is……

MINE!!! But it couldn’t have gotten any closer. My hubby was only down one vote. My kids were even in the running this year. They just keep getting better and better every year.

IMG_7639_thumb5

As you know we do this for fun. But to say we all don’t want to win would be lying. Ha!

The kids really look forward to doing this every year. Heck, I really look forward to it as well. It has become one of our favorite family Christmas traditions.

This year we didn’t have time for each of us to go buy our own special planned out candy so we all were working with the same stuff. So in a way it evened out the playing field. *smile*

Every year I start out not having a clue on what I’m going to do but I just start placing candy here and there and all of a sudden it starts to take shape. I will admit that I scraped off and started over a few times because I kept getting inspired AFTER I had placed something on my house.

My youngest (10) was the creator of Bowsers Castle. I think he did a marvelous job this year. He really put a lot of effort into his. Though I think he would have gotten more votes if he would have put something on his sides. I probably should have told him that BEFORE the competition but like I said, we all want to win. Ha! Ha!

IMG_7624_thumb4IMG_7603_thumb2 IMG_7613_thumb2

My 13 year old created Christmas Lodge. He kept glancing over at mine and I might have called him a cheater once or twice, (in fun of course) but I think he did a great job as well.

IMG_7628_thumb5IMG_7606_thumb2 IMG_7611_thumb2

My super duper hubbalicious was the builder of the Starlight Inn. I was sweating this one. My hubby is way more creative and methodical than I am and every year he gives me a run for my money, or gingerbread in this case. (I think he might have been praying in the picture. Seeking a higher power for help. Ha!) *Cheater* *Smirk*

IMG_7596_thumb2IMG_7615_thumb4

And then we come to mine. I’m happy with this one more than some of the others I’ve done in the past. Though it was kind of tough to make use of some of the candy. But I guess that just makes it more challenging.

IMG_7619_thumb5IMG_7609_thumb5 IMG_7610_thumb3

Thank you to all who voted. If you’d like to check out years past, I have the links below. It’s fun to see how much better the boys have gotten.

Gingerbread Competition 2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

HUGS!

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Great Job! to all of you! That you even HAVE a gingerbread house decorating contest as a family, making/taking time to be together on a project is fabulous in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tradition! They all are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time you take to leave a comment. Thank you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin